DescriptionThe Hayward Pro Series Sand Filters are the very latest in pool filter technology producing sparkling, clear water with minimal effort. The weather proof tank is molded of durable, corrosion-proof, color-fast polymeric material and topped with the versatile 7-position Hayward Vari-Flo control valve, with the easy-to-use lever-action handle, you can dial any of the 7-valve/filter functions for easy operation with full size internal piping for a free-flowing performance. The integral top diffuser, self-cleaning under drain and 360-degree slotted laterals ensure even water distribution over every square inch of sand with thorough backwashing and a totally balanced flow. The Pro Series Sand Filters offer the ideal combination of energy efficiency and durability. Available in four filter system sizes to allow you to choose the ideal unit for your specific needs.
- Dependable, all-weather performance with only minimal care
- Efficient, self-cleaning 360-degree slotted laterals
- Thorough backwashing with a totally balanced flow
- Even distribution of water over the top of the sand media bed
- Easy draining of tank, without loss of sand
- Manual air relief purges any trapped air during operation
- Integral sight glass lets you see when backwash cycle is completed
- In-ground pools of all types and sizes
- In-ground spas (residential or commercial)
- Water features (fishponds, fountains, and water gardens) >
20" – 200 lbs.
24" – 300 lbs.
30" – 500 lbs.
36" – 700 lbs.
*30” & 36” filters do not come with backwash valve. Back to Top
BenefitsSand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common:
1. When in the filtration mode, water always flows from top to bottom
2. They all have some sort of lateral or under drain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean filtered water to pass through.
High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55 mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of "depth" filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. A clean sand bed removes larger particles, and as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes the finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing, which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the “waste” line. Sand filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
A little-known fact is that a sand filter operates most efficiently during mid-cycle. Debris trapped in the sand bed actually help the filter work better so frequent backwashing reduces efficiency. Sand filters should only be backwashed when the filter has collected so much debris that it begins to restrict water flow and increase water pressure. Back to Top
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.