DescriptionThe Pentair Triton II Side Mount Filters have set the industry standard for effectiveness, efficiency and long runs between service providing years of dependable low maintenance operation. Patented GlasLok process creates a one-piece, fiberglass reinforced filter tank with UV-resistant surface for years of unequaled strength and durability. The time-proven internal design keeps the sand bed level, ensuring even water flow, resulting in the most efficient filtration. The internal flow system design controls filtration quality ensuring maximum run times between backwashing and the strength that can handle very high flow rates with years of pool chemicals. Besides its superior filtration performance, the Triton II provides instant access to the heavy-duty closure with built in pressure relief valve and the swing-away water diffuser that makes inspection and maintenance to and all internal parts simple, fast and safe.
- Internal design that keeps the sand bed level, ensuring even water flow, resulting in the most efficient filtration
- Maximum run times between backwashing saves you time
- Instant access to sand and all internal parts
- Heavy-duty closure provides easy inspection
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge with air relief valve
- Servicing and winterizing is fast and easy
- Ease of maintenance
BenefitsSand is the oldest and most popular method of filtration. Sand filters share two things in common:
1. When in the filtration mode, water always flows from top to bottom
2. They all have some sort of lateral or under drain with slots to hold back sand while allowing clean filtered water to pass through.
High-rate sand filters use a special filter sand, normally .45 to .55 mm (also known as pool grade #20 silica sand), because it has sharp edges that separate particles, allowing filtration to take place. They operate on the basis of "depth" filtration where dirt is driven through the sand bed and trapped in the spaces between the sand particles. A clean sand bed removes larger particles, and as the bed starts to load up with debris, the filter removes the finer particles. The sand can be cleaned by backwashing, which involves reversing water flow through the filter to the “waste” line. Sand filters trap debris as small as 20 to 40 microns.
A little-known fact is that a sand filter operates most efficiently during mid-cycle. Debris trapped in the sand bed actually help the filter work better so frequent backwashing reduces efficiency. Sand filters should only be backwashed when the filter has collected so much debris that it begins to restrict water flow and increase water pressure. Back to Top
- GlasLok fiberglass reinforced tank with an UV-resistant coating
- Combination sand and water drain
- Threaded internal parts and bulkhead connectors
- Built in pressure relief valve
- Flow system controls filtration for maximum run times
- Easy installation and service
- Maximum operating pressure 50 psi
- 1-year limited warranty
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.