DescriptionBuilt for professional use, the Silver 6 aquatic bike allows for intense and advanced aquabiking. The Silver 6 can be adjusted to fit a variety of workout needs, especially since it shares many technical characteristics with the original Optima aquatic bike. The Silver 6 aquatic bike also boasts of extreme resistance at high speeds (+25%) thanks to 6 fixed cups on a large flywheel, making its performance similar to that of a speed bike. The bicycle is also designed with a handlebar-frame-seat to allow for a bent biking position to maximize muscular activity.
The height of the machine can be altered depending on the depth of the pool (suitable for use in 1.1-1.5m [3'8"-4'11"] of water) and the height of the user (best for people who are 1.5-2m [4'11"-6'7"] tall). The seat can also be adjusted forward or backward to suit the user’s height.
Four small propeller-like vessels attached to the pedaling mechanism create resistance of varying levels. These vessels catch water as the user pedals, calling on the user’s endurance and working muscles throughout the body. Each vessel can be adjusted to create the optimal level of resistance for each user. Back to Top
BenefitsWhy pool biking?
- By a continuous workout of the major muscles of the lower body Gluteals Quadriceps, Hamstrings, etc.), the biggest users of oxygen, pedaling at a steady rhythm on a stationary bike will stimulate and reinforce cardio respiratory capacity and burn calories
- However, in open air, stationary biking is not appropriate for everyone since it affects the joints and becomes quickly tiring.
- It is completely different with a pool bike thanks to the many advantages of water:
- Weightlessness: the body weighs much less in water, only 1/5th of its weight
- Warm water (82-88 F) is relaxing and stimulating, the heart rate slows down by 10%, the heart is resting
- The hydrodynamic resistance of the water allows for soft braking while pedaling. Only the acceleration increases the energy expenditure, the effort is easily measurable, the low-impact exercise doesn’t put the joints under much stress
- By combining the movement with the hydrostatic pressure, equal on all the body parts, a blood drainage massage is created. This massage accelerates the elimination of the toxins from the muscles. The lactic acid, responsible for the feeling of fatigue, is immediately eliminated in the bloodstream
Why is aquabiking so effective against cellulite?
- Cellulite is a cluster of cells containing fat and water imprisoned in a fibrous network with an unsightly orange-peel look
- It is resistant to diets and traditional physical activity
- The results obtained by aquabiking come from a combination of 3 factors:
- Massage from the eddies generated by pedaling, which breaks down the orange-peel structure
- Drainage due to the hydrostatic pressure, which mobilizes the fat and eliminates it in the circulation
- Exertion, which burns fats
- Strap-on pedals hold feet in place during workout (water shoes recommended)
- Stainless steel frame coated in thermoplastic to prevent corrosion
- Suction cups on base hold the bike in place during use
- Can be used in both chlorinated and saltwater pools
- Wheels attached to front end make the aquatic bike easy to move when not in use
- Burn up to 800 calories per hour
- Boost your metabolism
- Swirling water generated from pedaling massages legs and increases blood flow
- Less stress on joints than traditional stationary biking
Shipped with a Coaching DVD that includes 30 aquabiking exercises for all levels of fitness
THE SILVER 6 COMES WITH A 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON THE FRAME Back to Top
More InfoMade in France Back to Top
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.