DescriptionOPTIMA: THE VERSATILE AQUATIC BIKE
- 2 vertical settings: for the seat and the handlebar based on the height of the rider (5’ to 6’7’’) and for the base of the bike depending on the water depth (3’7’’ to 5’). Please contact us to inquire about a longer base option for a deeper pool
- The shaped flaps located under the pedals create resistance by acting as flywheels. The resistance varies according to the speed of pedaling
- Movements are perfectly smooth
- Pedals with foot straps (water shoes are recommended)
- Perfect stability, very large base equipped with suction cups for an optimal grip and the protection of liner, PVC and tile floors
- Double protection against corrosion: passivated 316 L marine grade stainless steel frame and a red thermoplastic coating (also for better visibility in the pool)
- Wheels: the front wheels allow you to easily move and pull out of the pool your Optima bike
- Total weight: 42 lbs., dimensions: 39.5’ x 30’ x 55’
- 2-year warranty for the frame
- Maintenance: The bike does not require any particular maintenance in waters with a controlled pH of 7.2 to 7.4, check regularly the condition of the consumables (suction cups, feet straps and saddle)
Instructions included with the bike
Shipped with a Coaching DVD that includes 30 aquabiking exercises for all levels of fitness THE OPTIMA COMES WITH A 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON THE FRAME Back to Top
FeaturesWhy pool biking?
- By a continuous workout of the major muscles of the lower body Gluteals Quadriceps, Hamstrings, etc.), the biggest users of oxygen, pedaling at a steady rhythm on a stationary bike will stimulate and reinforce cardio respiratory capacity and burn calories
- However, in open air, stationary biking is not appropriate for everyone since it affects the joints and becomes quickly tiring.
- It is completely different with a pool bike thanks to the many advantages of water:
- Weightlessness: the body weighs much less in water, only 1/5th of its weight
- Warm water (82-88 F) is relaxing and stimulating, the heart rate slows down by 10%, the heart is resting
- The hydrodynamic resistance of the water allows for soft braking while pedaling. Only the acceleration increases the energy expenditure, the effort is easily measurable, the low-impact exercise doesn’t put the joints under much stress
- By combining the movement with the hydrostatic pressure, equal on all the body parts, a blood drainage massage is created. This massage accelerates the elimination of the toxins from the muscles. The lactic acid, responsible for the feeling of fatigue, is immediately eliminated in the bloodstream
Why is aquacycling so effective against cellulite?
- Cellulite is a cluster of cells containing fat and water imprisoned in a fibrous network with an unsightly orange-peel look
- It is resistant to diets and traditional physical activity
- The results obtained by aquacycling come from a combination of 3 factors:
- Massage from the eddies generated by pedaling, which breaks down the orange-peel structure
- Drainage due to the hydrostatic pressure, which mobilizes the fat and eliminates it in the circulation
- Exertion, which burns fats
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.