Keep your pool clean and algae-free!
Say goodbye to your algae problems with Leslie’s Algae Control. Designed to both kill existing algae as well as prevent future algae and slime, Leslie’s Algae Control’s powerful formula turns your pool from green to clean in no time! What makes Leslie’s Algae Control our most popular algaecide and the most effective algaecide on the market?
- Powerful Algae-Fighting Formula With a concentrated formula and an active ingredient of 60% algae fighter, Leslie’s Algae Control is the strongest algaecide you can buy. A few ounces goes a long way, saving you time and money!
- Prevents Future Algae Outbreaks Not only will it kill all types of existing algae in your pool, but Leslie’s Algae Control works to keep those nasty algae blooms out of your pool all year long.
- Great For Opening and Closing Pool A dose of Leslie’s Algae Control before winter closing keeps any blooms out while not in use, and a few ounces during spring opening leaves your pool sparkling clear for swimming season.
- Won’t Stain or Foam
Leslie’s Algae Control is non-metallic, so it won’t stain your pool or fixtures. It is also made from a non-foaming, low odor formula for total ease of use.
Even the most careful and diligent pool owners can get algae from time to time. Often times, algae can creep up around steps and ladders; places that naturally receive poor circulation of chlorine. Maintaining a constant level of chlorine and weekly shocking might not be enough to completely rid your pool of algae, you may need a powerful algaecide. Leslie’s Algae Control is the strongest non-metallic algae fighter on the market, and perfect for eliminating those tough algae spots.
Made of 60% active ingredient, liquid polyquat, Leslie’s Algae Control destroys all known types of pool algae, including pink algae. This powerful formula is designed to work quickly and effectively, and all you need is a few ounces a week to maintain a clear and sparkling pool. Leslie’s Algae Control is also gentle on swimmers and pool surfaces. It does not cause eye or skin irritation, works great in vinyl, plaster, fiberglass, and tile pools, and can even be used in spas and outdoor fountains!
- Works quickly and powerfully – swimmers can return to the pool in a matter of hours
- Leslie’s Algae Control is perfect for destroying algae present in your pool, but also serves as a preventer. Weekly use will keep your pool algae-free all season long
- 60% active ingredient is the strongest formula available
- Will not stain pool or fixtures, and does not foam up like other algae cleaners
- Can be used with fiberglass, vinyl, tile, and colored plaster pools
- Perfect for spas and hot tubs, as well as outdoor fountains
- Destroys and prevents most types of pool algae including pink algae
- Just a few ounces of Leslie’s Algae Control will clean your entire pool
- Can be used with superchlorination for full algae treatment
Algae can be an unsightly nuisance to any pool owner. Algae can turn your water green, and makes your pool uninviting for your family and guests. Along with these reasons, there are many, more serious reasons to keep your pool clean and algae free. If there is algae present on your pool steps or ladder, they can become very dangerous and slippery. Algae itself does not diseases or illnesses, but often times pool algae harbors many disease-causing bacteria and microorganisms. Keeping your pool algae-free keeps your family safe, but it also saves you money.
An untreated pool that has large amounts of algae in it can do serious damage to your pool pH levels and chemical makeup. This may require buying many additional chemicals and shocking your pool every day for several weeks. To prevent this from happening, just a few ounces of Leslie’s Algae Control can be added weekly during swimming season. Make sure to brush the algae off the walls and steps before use, this will allow the algaecide to effectively destroy all the algae growing in the small holes in pool walls. This will keep your pool sparkling clean and algae-free. For winterizing, a large dose of Leslie’s Algae Control will protect your water during the long off-season.
How do I dispense Leslie’s Algae Control into my pool?
- Simply broadcast 2-4 ounces per 10,000 across entire pool. Remember to always brush any algae off your pool walls and steps before using so the algaecide can work at full strength.
How much do I use for winterizing or spring start-up?
- It is recommended to use 1 quart of Leslie’s Algae Control per 25,000 gallons for both winter closing and spring start-up.
What types of algae with this kill?
- Leslie’s Algae Control kills every known type of pool algae, including pink algae. In some cases, where a large amount of black (blue-green) algae is present, using Leslie’s Black Algae Killer may be necessary.
What is the chemical makeup of Leslie’s Algae Control?
- It is made with a liquid polyquat as the active ingredient, which makes up 60% of Leslie’s Algae Control. It also contains no metal which means so staining or foaming in your pool.
I have algae in my outdoor fountain, can I use this?
- Yes! In fact, Leslie’s Algae Control works great in all pools, spas and hot tubs, and fountains. Back to Top
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.