Maintain A Balanced pH While Increasing Total Alkalinity
Need to raise your pool’s Total Alkalinity without raising the pH level? Leslie’s Alkalinity Up is a quick and effective way to raise alkalinity and keep pH levels in check! A low level of Total Alkalinity can be dangerous for your pool and for swimmers. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up, which is made of 100% sodium bicarbonate, is the easiest way to keep pH and Total Alkalinity balanced, and makes your pool a safe and clean environment for everyone!
- Powerful Formula Made from 100% active ingredient sodium bicarbonate, Leslie’s Alkalinity Up is the most concentrated Total Alkalinity increaser you can find anywhere!
- Maintains Current pH Balance Featuring a near-neutral pH level of 8.3, Leslie’s Alkalinity Up will boost your Total Alkalinity without causing major increases to your pH balance.
- Dissolves Quickly Leslie’s Alkalinity Up comes in granular forms so it dissolves rapidly and goes to work immediately, meaning you can get back in the pool sooner!
- Safely Prevents Pool Damage
Having a pool with low Total Alkalinity can cause corrosion, plaster stains or etching, and irritation to swimmers. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up quickly balances water chemicals, creating a safe swimming environment.
The ideal ranges for any pool, regardless of size, should be between 7.4 and 7.6 for pH, and between 80 and 140 ppm for Total Alkalinity. Leslie’s knows you spend time and effort to maintain a balanced pH level, and do not want to add chemicals that can disrupt this balance. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up will correct problems with Total Alkalinity deficiency while preserving your pH balance.
Keeping a Total Alkalinity level between the recommended 80 and 140 ppm will make it very easy to maintain a constant pH balance. Total Alkalinity is necessary to keep your pH levels balanced, and low Total Alkalinity can also cause damage to pools and irritation for swimmers.
Fortunately, Total Alkalinity problems are very easy to correct. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up quickly raises the Total Alkalinity to more acceptable ranges, while maintaining the work you have done to balance your pH. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up has a near neutral pH level of 8.3, but will significantly increase the Total Alkalinity count of your water. Just by adding 1 ½ pounds of Leslie’s Alkalinity Up for every 10,000 gallons of water, you can raise the Total Alkalinity by 10 ppm, while seeing only a very slight increase in pH levels. Back to Top
- Granular form dissolves quickly and goes to work instantly
- Made with 100% active ingredient, sodium bicarbonate
- Powerful formula means you see great results using less product, saving you time and money
- Restores Total Alkalinity to safe and effective levels
- Maintains a proper pH balance in your pool
- Helps prevent metal corrosion and plaster staining
- Great for use in spas and hot tubs
- Creates safe and irritant-free environment for swimmers
Balanced pH and Total Alkalinity levels are vital to maintaining a healthy pool that is safe for swimmers. If the levels get too low, the water becomes acidic and can stain and corrode plaster and metal. If the levels are too high, scale stains form, water becomes cloudy, and chlorine gets used up much more quickly. In both cases, the water becomes irritating and dangerous for swimmers. Fortunately, balancing these levels is very easy, and Leslie’s Alkalinity Up makes raising Total Alkalinity completely stress-free.
Before applying any Leslie’s Alkalinity Up, you will want to test your water levels to see how much you need to add. For every 10,000 gallons of water, you will need to add a pound and a half of Alkalinity Up to raise the Total Alkalinity by 10 ppm. To dispense Leslie’s Alkalinity Up into your pool or spa, simply broadcast the powder directly across the water. Make sure your pump is on and running when applying. Be sure to check your pool levels 2-4 hours after using Alkalinity Up to make certain that your Total Alkalinity and pH are in the ideal range.
- A pool’s pH level should be between 7.4 and 7.6, but anywhere between 7.2 and 7.8 is an acceptable range. Total Alkalinity always be between 80 and 140 ppm (parts per million).
I need raise both my Total Alkalinity and my pH, should I still use Leslie’s Alkalinity Up?
- Leslie’s Alkalinity Up is specifically designed to not make major changes to a pool’s pH level. If your pH is already balanced, use Leslie’s Alkalinity Up. If you need to increase pH along with Total Alkalinity, we recommend using Leslie’s Soda Ash.
How much Leslie’s Alkalinity Up should I use?
- Remember that for every 10,000 gallons of water, one and a half (1 ½) pounds of Alkalinity Up will increase Total Alkalinity by 10 ppm, while causing only a very slight change to pH. This means that if you have a 20,000 gallon pool and need to raise your Total Alkalinity by 20 ppm, you would need to use 3 pounds of Leslie’s Alkalinity Up.
How long should I wait to re-test my chemical levels?
- With your pump running, it takes about 2-4 hours for Leslie’s Alkalinity Up to raise the levels for the entire pool. You should wait at least 2 hours before testing to ensure correct results.
Do I need to wait to go swimming after using Leslie’s Alkalinity Up?
- Leslie’s recommends waiting at least 2 hours before swimming, just to be certain that the pH and Total Alkalinity levels have normalized.
Can I use Leslie’s Alkalinity Up in my spa or hot tub?
- Yes, absolutely. Leslie’s Alkalinity Up is perfectly safe for all types of pools and hot tubs, just remember that the dosage will be much smaller for a spa or hot tub.
What are the recommended levels of pH and Total Alkalinity?
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.