DescriptionDry Acid (Sodium bisulfate) is a granular form of acid and is used to lower the pH, to maintain balanced water and total alkalinity in pools and spas. This form of acid is safer and less caustic than muriatic acid and will not spill or splash so it is safer and easier to use. This product is easier to store but it also must be used with care.
Steps for Application
- Pre-dissove the dry acid first by adding the dry acid into a large plastic bucket of water and then pouring the acid solution into the deep end of the pool, away from the skimmer and the fixtures.
- Acid should be added when the pump is on and running.
- Retest the pH of the water in 4 hours.
- Add more acid if needed.
- Do NOT add more than 20 oz. of dry acid per 10,000 gallons of pool water at any one time. Never add dry acid more than 3 times per day.
- Do NOT adjust the pH without first testing the Total Alkalinity.
- Use caution when handling dry acid. Wear protective equipment (eye goggles and runner gloves). Dry acid is a very corrosive material.
- Always follow label directions. Always add acid to water.
- Dry acid may be used in a spa or hot tub.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions and safety warnings on the product label
- Never mix various pool chemicals
- Use separate and clean scoops for each product
- Always add the chemical to the water; never add water to the dry or concentrated chemicals
- Wear chemical resistant gloves and safety goggles when handling liquids
- Never handle chemicals near sources of ignition
- Store away from heat source, children, and pets
- Keep in a clean, dry, well-ventilated area
- Do not store near metal tools or mechanisms since pool chemicals can cause corrosion
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.