Correct Your Pool’s pH Quickly and Safely
Need to raise your pool’s pH or Total Alkalinity levels? Leslie’s Soda Ash is a quick and effective way to do both! Low levels of pH and Total Alkalinity can be dangerous for your pool and for swimmers. Leslie’s Soda Ash, which is made of 100% sodium carbonate, is the easiest way to balance pH and Total Alkalinity, and make your pool a safe and clean environment for everyone!
- Powerful Formula Made from 100% active ingredient sodium carbonate, Leslie’s Soda Ash is the most concentrated pH and Total Alkalinity increaser you can find!
- Dissolves Quickly Leslie’s Soda Ash comes in granular forms so it dissolves rapidly and goes to work immediately.
- Safely Prevents Pool Damage
Having a pool with low pH or Total Alkalinity can cause corrosion, plaster stains or etching, and irritation to swimmers. Leslie’s Soda Ash quickly balances water chemicals, creating a safe swimming environment.
Fortunately, these problems are very easy to correct. Leslie’s Soda Ash quickly raises the levels of both pH and Total Alkalinity to more acceptable ranges. Because Leslie’s Soda Ash has a very high pH level of 13, you may only need to add a few ounces. Just 6 ounces of Leslie’s Soda Ash for every 10,000 gallons of water is enough to raise your pH level by 0.2, and your Total Alkalinity by 4 ppm. Back to Top
- Granular form dissolves quickly and goes to work instantly
- Made with 100% active ingredient, sodium carbonate
- Powerful formula means you see great results using less product, saving you time and money
- Restores pool chemicals to proper and safe levels
- Helps prevent metal corrosion and plaster staining
- Creates safe and irritant-free environment for swimmers
Your pool’s pH level and Total Alkalinity are vital to maintaining a healthy pool that is safe for swimmers. If the levels get too low, the water becomes acidic and can stain and corrode plaster and metal. If the levels are too high, scale stains form, water becomes cloudy, and chlorine gets used up much more quickly. In both cases, the water becomes irritating and dangerous for swimmers. Fortunately, balancing these levels is very easy, and Leslie’s Soda Ash makes raising pH and Total Alkalinity completely stress-free.
Before applying any Leslie’s Soda Ash, you will want to test your water levels to see how much you need to add. For every 10,000 gallons of water, you will need to add 6 ounces of Soda Ash to raise the pH level by 0.2 and the Total Alkalinity by 4 ppm. To dispense Leslie’s Soda Ash into your pool, you can either broadcast the powder directly or dissolve it with water in a large bucket. Make sure your pump is on and running when applying. After 2-4 hours, simply check your pH and Total Alkalinity levels to see if more is needed.
What are the recommended levels of pH and Total Alkalinity?
- A pool’s pH level should be between 7.4 and 7.6, but anywhere between 7.2 and 7.8 is an acceptable range. Total Alkalinity always be between 80 and 140 ppm (parts per million).
How much Leslie’s Soda Ash should I use?
- Remember that for every 10,000 gallons of water, just 6 ounces of Soda Ash will raise pH levels by 0.2 and Total Alkalinity by 4 ppm. This means that if you have a 20,000 gallon pool and need to raise your pH level by 0.4, you would need to use 24 ounces of Leslie’s Soda Ash.
How long should I wait to re-test my chemical levels?
- With your pump running, it takes about 2-4 hours for Leslie’s Soda Ash to raise the levels for the entire pool. You should wait at least 2 hours before testing to ensure correct results.
Do I need to wait to go swimming after using Leslie’s Soda Ash?
- Leslie’s recommends waiting at least 2 hours before swimming, just to make sure the pH and Total Alkalinity levels have normalized.
Can I use Leslie’s Soda Ash in my hot tub?
- No, never use Leslie’s Soda Ash in a hot tub, it can damage the walls. If you want to raise the pH or Total Alkalinity of your hot tub or spa, we recommend using Leslie’s Alkalinity Up.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.