Our Most Powerful Chlorinated Shock
Leslie’s Power Powder Pro is our most powerful shock and super-chlorinator, and the fastest-dissolving shock on the market today! Made from powerful calcium hypochlorite, Power Powder Pro quickly eliminates contaminants and leaves your pool clean and clear.
- Quick-Acting Formula Power Powder Pro dissolves rapidly, meaning less time spent waiting to swim. This also greatly decreases the chances that undissolved granules could sink to the bottom and stain your pool.
- Proven Strength Providing 73% available chlorine, Power Powder Pro is strong enough to handle even the toughest algae and bacteria.
Sanitizes your pool by effectively killing 99.9% of bacteria and algae, prevents the future growth of algae, and clarifies your water so it sparkles like new! Leslie’s Power Powder Pro works quickly to eliminate bacteria and algae, leaving your pool safe and crystal clear. Shocking your pool weekly during swimming season is necessary to destroy any microorganisms and swimmer waste that regular chlorination could not remove. Shocking also restores chlorine levels and frees up Combined Available Chlorine.
Do you have an above-ground vinyl-lined pool? How about a fiberglass pool? What about colored plaster? Because of its quick-dissolving formula, Power Powder Pro works great on any type of pool!
* 100 lbs. shipped in 50 lbs. containers Back to Top
- Perfect for killing bacteria, controlling algae, and destroying other contaminants
- Power Powder Pro is our strongest chlorine shock, providing 73% available chlorine
- Quick-dissolving formula means it starts working immediately
- This product has a high pH, approximately 11.8
- Does not contain a stabilizer, which means that it is not protected from UV rays.
- Has a very long shelf life, up to 3 years
- Power Powder Pro can be used for both regular chlorination and superchlorination
- One pound of Power Powder Pro treats up to 15,000 gallons of water
Keeping your pool chemistry properly maintained is the best way to ensure clean and safe water. Routinely checking the pool chemistry can save you money and effort. During swimming season, Leslie’s recommends applying a shock treatment to your pool weekly. This shock treatment destroys what regular chlorination cannot remove, including 99.9% of disease-causing microorganisms. Leslie’s Power Powder Pro represents a powerful, yet simple and pain-free method of superchlorination that will keep your pool clean and safe.
Leslie’s Power Powder Pro is a chlorine-based shock for your pool. The active ingredient is Calcium Hypochlorite, a strong oxidizer and sanitizer.
What is the chemical makeup of Power Powder Pro?
- Power Powder Pro is a chlorinated shock, meaning it contains chlorine. The active ingredient is 73% Calcium Hypochlorite. Because Power Powder Pro contains chlorine, it is important to monitor your pool’s pH level before swimming.
How much Power Powder Pro do I use?
- Just one pound of Leslie’s Power Powder Pro will treat up to 15,000 gallons of water. During swimming season, it is best to shock your pool once a week, and less frequently during the off-season.
What does Power Powder Pro do for my pool?
- Leslie’s Power Powder Pro does many things for your pool. It kills bacteria and disease-causing organisms, destroys and prevents algae and other contaminants, restores chlorine level, frees up Combined Available Chlorine, and cleans your water leaving it sparkling and clear.
How long should I wait to swim after use?
- After adding Power Powder Pro to your water, the PPM of chlorine should be over 10. You should not enter the pool until the PPM of chlorine is back to safe levels, between 1.0 and 3.0 PPM. This may take up to 8 hours, so it is recommended you use this in the evening hours.
Why should I use a chlorinated shock over a non-chlorinated shock?
- Both types of shock clean your pool and eliminate ammonia, nitrogen compounds, and swimmer waste, and both leave your pool clean and clear. Chlorinated shock, like Power Powder Pro, kills 99.9% of bacteria and microorganisms, while non-chlorinated shocks do not.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.