Winter covers are an essential part of pool maintenance, and something that every pool should be equipped with. The Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover is a revolutionary new winter pool cover, built using the most advanced technology to help keep your pool clean and clear all winter long! Constructed from a material 3 times stronger than normal pool covers, Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers will prevent dirt and debris from getting into your pool year after year. Featuring rip-proof technology thanks to an advanced interlock-weave manufacturing process, the Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover will protect your pool during the long winter off-season, and help make opening the pool for summer a breeze. Lightweight and easy to install, Steel Guard covers are also some of the strongest and most durable winter covers on the market. Try a Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover and you can see and feel the difference!
- Rip-Proof Technology
Each Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover is constructed using a state-of-the-art process that features an advanced, interlock-weave process. This ground-breaking method has created one of the strongest pool covers, and is completely resistant to rips and tears.
- Extra-Strong, Lightweight Material
Thanks to the advanced construction process, Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers are not only strong and durable, but they are also extremely lightweight and easy to install and remove.
- Protects Pool From Debris and Algae
Designed to rest flush against your pool surface and keep leaves and debris out all winter long, Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers also feature a black, light-proof underside that prevents sunlight from entering the pool and inhibits the growth of algae and bacteria.
- Built to Last Year After Year
Strong and durable, all Steel Guard Winter Covers feature edges reinforced by super-strong polypropylene binding and will resist the build-up of harmful substances such as acids and mildew.
Colors shown are not exact and may vary
Water bags not included Back to Top
- Made from a brand-new, advanced interlock-weave manufacturing process
- Features extra strength, rip-proof technology that will last year after year
- High-tech, lightweight construction is easy to install and remove
- Includes extra-strong seams for durability
- Edges are reinforced with super strength polypropylene binding
- Comes with a full 6’ overlap and designed for use with water bags to prevent wind-lash
- Resists the build-up of harmful substances such as salts, acids, alkalis, and mildew
- Withstands sub-zero temperatures all winter long
- Protects pool from leaves and debris
- Special black underside Keeps sunlight out, stopping the growth of algae and bacteria
- Available in many shapes and sizes to fit nearly every pool
- Comes with a 15-year warranty, featuring 2 years of full warranty and 13 years prorated
- Made specifically for in-ground pools
Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers are available in many shapes and sizes, and are designed to fit most in-ground swimming pools. Each Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover comes equipped with an extra 3 feet of material on each side to help secure the cover to the pool deck using water bags. This means that a winter cover that is designed for a 20’ x 40’ pool will actually be 26’ x 46’. These winter covers are designed for use with water bags or Hold ‘Em Downs placed around the perimeter of the cover to keep it firmly in place all winter long.
Each Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Cover features a 15-year warranty that comes with 2 years of full warranty protection and 13 years of prorated warranty to help protect your investment and help you maintain a healthy pool.
What will a winter cover do for my pool?
- Winter covers are an essential part of pool maintenance, and provide many benefits to pool owners. Winter pool covers are great for keeping dirt and debris out of your pool, meaning there is little to nothing to clean when you open your pool for the summer. A winter cover can also protect the pool from sunlight and UV rays, meaning there will be less algae and bacteria growth during the winter.
I have a custom-sized pool, which cover should I order?
- Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers come in many shapes and sizes, but if you do not see a size that will fit your pool, please give us a call at 1-800-LESLIES to set up a custom pool cover fitting.
What do I use to keep the cover in place?
- Steel Guard In-Ground Winter Covers are designed to be used with water bags or Hold ‘Em Downs placed around the edge of the cover. These water bags will hold the cover securely in place during the winter. To help keep the cover flush with the pool surface and prevent any debris from entering the pool, a small amount of water, around ½ to 1 inch, should be kept on top of the cover.
What’s the difference between a winter cover and a safety cover?
- While a safety cover is designed to be locked into place over your pool and prevent animals and people from falling into the pool, winter covers do not lock into place and therefore do not prevent accidents. Both products keep leaves and debris out of the pool during the winter offseason, but winter covers should never be relied upon to prevent accidents.
Can I use this cover for my above-ground pool?
- If you have an above-ground pool, please feel free to browse Leslie’s selection of winter covers designed specifically for above-ground pools.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.