Winter covers are an essential part of pool maintenance, and something that every pool should be equipped with. The Leslie’s Standard In-Ground Winter Cover is strong, durable, and ideal for any budget! Perfect for keeping dirt and debris out of your pool during the winter off-season, winter covers protect your pool and help make opening your pool for the summer a breeze. Our Standard In-Ground Winter Cover is made from heavy-duty, triple-layered polyethylene, which holds up against the harshest winters and resists salt and mildew build-up. Available in all shapes and sizes and designed for use in types of climates, the Standard In-Ground Winter Cover is a great choice for pool owners everywhere!
- Strong and Durable Construction
Leslie’s Standard In-Ground Winter Covers are made with triple-layer polyethylene, heat-sealed seams, and triple reinforced borders to help the cover stand up to freezing temperatures down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, harsh winds, and standing water.
- Resists Harmful Build-Up
Each Standard In-Ground Winter Cover is built to resist the build-up of harmful substances, including salts, acids, alkalis, and mildew.
- Protects and Keeps Your Pool Clean
Winter Covers are designed to not only keep leaves and debris out of your pool during the winter off-season, but they also stop sunlight and UV rays from getting into the pool, which inhibits the growth of algae and bacteria.
Colors shown are not exact and may vary
Water bags not included Back to Top
- Made from heavy-duty, triple-layered polyethylene
- Includes extra-strong heat-sealed seams
- Triple-reinforced borders won’t rip or tear
- No-rip loops, spaced 4 feet apart, hold water bags firmly in place and prevent wind-lash
- Resists the build-up of harmful substances such as salts, acids, alkalis, and mildew
- Withstands temperatures down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Protects pool from leaves and debris
- Keeps sunlight and UV rays out, stopping the growth of algae and bacteria
- Available in many shapes and sizes to fit nearly every pool
- Comes with an 8-year, prorated warranty
- Made specifically for in-ground pools
Leslie’s Standard In-Ground Winter Covers are available in many shapes and sizes, and are designed to fit most in-ground swimming pools. Each Standard In-Ground Winter Cover comes equipped with an extra 3 feet of material on each side to help secure the cover to the pool deck using water bags. This means that a winter cover that is designed for a 20’ x 40’ pool will actually be 26’ x 46’. Around the edge of the cover, there are thick, tear-proof loops, designed to fit securely around water bags, which firmly hold the cover in place all winter long.
Each Leslie’s Standard In-Ground Winter Cover features an 8-year, all prorated warranty to protect your investment and help you maintain a healthy pool.
What will a winter cover do for my pool?
- Winter covers are an essential part of pool maintenance, and provide many benefits to pool owners. Winter pool covers are great for keeping dirt and debris out of your pool, meaning there is little to nothing to clean when you open your pool for the summer. A winter cover can also protect the pool from sunlight and UV rays, meaning there will be less algae and bacteria growth during the winter.
I have a custom-sized pool, which cover should I order?
- Leslie’s Standard In-Ground Winter Covers come in many shapes and sizes, but if you do not see a size that will fit your pool, please give us a call at 1-800-LESLIES to set up a custom pool cover fitting.
What do I use to keep the cover in place?
- In-Ground Winter Covers come equipped with tear-proof loops, located every 4 feet around the edge of the cover. These loops are designed to hold water bags, which will hold down the sides of the cover and eliminate wind-lash. Also, it can be beneficial to leave ½ to 1 inch of water on the pool cover, to keep it flush with water line and help prevent debris from entering the pool.
What’s the difference between a winter cover and a safety cover?
- While a safety cover is designed to be locked into place over your pool and prevent animals and people from falling into the pool, winter covers do not lock into place and therefore do not prevent accidents. Both products keep leaves and debris out of the pool during the winter offseason, but winter covers should never be relied upon to prevent accidents.
Can I use this cover for my above-ground pool?
- If you have an above-ground pool, please feel free to browse Leslie’s selection of winter covers designed specifically for above-ground pools.
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.