Super Start-Up Kit (up to 30,000 gallons)
Online Only, not available In-store
- Chlor Brite -3 lb.
- Copper Algaecide - 1 qt.
- Ultra Brite- 1 qt.
- Metal Free - 2l.
InstructionsIf your pool has a cover, follow steps 1-4 below. If no cover, skip to step 5.
1. Remove the water from the top of the pool cover using a submersible pump or a siphon and clean off any debris that has accumulated over the winter.
2. Remove the pool cover.
3. Clean the cover thoroughly using a cover cleaner.
4. After cleaning and drying both sides of the cover, sprinkle Leslie’s Alkalinity Up or talcum powder on cover to help prevent mold and mildew. Fold the cover loosely and store it in a cool dry place.
5. Raise the water level to its normal level or about in the middle of the skimmer opening.
NOTE: If your pool was not winterized for freezing conditions, skip so step 9.
6. Reinstall pool equipment if it was removed. Reconnect the filter, pump, etc. Make sure all drain plugs are replaced in pump, filter, heater, booster pumps, pool cleaners, etc.
7. If Anti-Freeze was used in winterizing, discharge this to waste or backwash.
8. Remove winterizing plugs from the skimmer and the return lines.
9. Prime the pump and then turn on the circulation and filtration system.
10. Test the water for pH and total alkalinity using the test strips or a liquid test kit. The proper range for total alkalinity is from 80 to 120 ppm for a gunite (plaster) pool or 100 to 140 ppm for vinyl-liner, painted or fiberglass pools. Adjust total alkalinity to the proper range. The proper pH is from 7.4 to 7.6. After adjusting total alkalinity, adjust pH to the proper range.
11. Brush the pool or vacuum thoroughly.
12. Broadcast 1 pound of Chlor Brite per 10,000 gallons over the pool with pump running. Very dirty pools may require up to 2 pounds of Chlor Brite per 10,000 gallons. Run the circulation system overnight.
13. The next day, add 8 ounces of Leslie’s Copper Algaecide per 10,000 gallons. Mix the Algae Control with water in a clean plastic pail and pour the mixture into the pool. Allow water to circulate for 8 hours before continuing.
14. Add 1 bottle of Metal Free per 15,000 gallons. Add Metal Free around the perimeter of the pool. Allow water to circulate for 24 hours before continueing.
15. Add 8 ounces of Leslie’s Ultra Bright Water Clarifier per 10,000 gallons of pool water. Mix the Ultra Bright with water in a clean plastic pail and pour the mixture into the pool. Run circulation system at least 4 hours. Back to Top
Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
If you cannot find a specific product or have any questions about our online ordering don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-LESLIES or click here to contact us via email.