Leslie's Combo Kits are the right product to get your pool properly winterized in freezing markets. We have combined the right products all in one box to make it easy for you to have everything in one place. Our specially designed Above Ground Kit treats up to 10,000.Why should you close your pool?
In hard freeze areas the pool must be winterized to prevent freeze damage to the pool and its equipment. Covering the pool after it has been winterized keeps debris and leaves out of the pool and makes spring start-up a snap.
Failure to winterize the pool properly can result in staining and scaling and equipment damage, conditions which can be expensive to correct. Stage 1 - Balance the Water
Stage 2 - Winterize the Equipment (not necessary for non-freezing markets)
- Remove debris from pool
- Brush and vacuum pool thoroughly
- Adjust water balance (we can test the water for free and give you recommendations)
- Backwash or manually clean the filter
Stage 3 - Prepare the Pool Deck
- Lower water level
- Remove drain plugs from all equipment
- Turn off main power supply
- Plug return lines
- Refill pool to level below skimmer
Stage 4 - Select and Size a Pool Cover
- Remove ladders, hoses, additional skimmers, automatic pool cleaners, etc.
- Optional use of air pillows to keep ice from compressing on the pool
- In-Ground pools should tie a floating chlorinator to an air pillow at its lowest setting
Stage 5 - Cover the Pool