This Leslie’s Swimming Pool Supplies video will show you how to use water testing kits, specifically the DPD Deluxe Test Kit from Taylor.
- Test kits give you readings on your pool’s pH, total alkalinity, and sanitizer
- Before collecting a water sample, let your pump run for at least one hour
- Take your water sample from 12” to 18” below the surface
- When adding reagents to your water sample, hold the reagent bottle vertical, and add drops slowly
- Your pool’s pH should be between 7.4 – 7.6
- Your pool’s chlorine reading should range between 1 – 3 ppm
- Your pool’s alkalinity level should be between 80 – 120 ppm
- Store your test kit in a cool, dry place, and pay attention to the expiration date.