Leslie's has partnered with the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF) to provide high-quality training, including our in-person Certified Pool-Spa Operator (CPO®) courses offered in locations across the country and web-based courses through the NSPF online portal. You can even get a 20% discount off the retail price of the NSPF's web-based courses by using Leslie's discount code: leslies2011
Certified Pool-Spa Operator (CPO®) course
The CPO® Certification Course covers 14-16 hours of information from the Handbook (provided) and local codes. Certification can be achieved by either attending a 2-day class taught by an NSPF ® Certified Instructor or the combination of Pool Operator Primer® and Pool Operator Fusion®. Pass the open book exam and earn CPO® Certification. Check out our schedule for the next class in your area.
Pool Operator Primer®
This online training program can be the first step to earning CPO® Certification or, it can be excellent stand-alone education in the fundamentals of pool operation. This online curriculum follows the 18 chapters in the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator® Handbook, which is provided. Students have access to the Pool Operator Primer online course for six months, which gives them the opportunity to review the material many times. Successful completion of the Pool Operator Primer earns a Record of Completion. If you choose to pursue the CPO® Certification, contact your local Leslie’s store or go to our class schedule page to enroll in a Pool Operator Fusion® class within six months of completing the Pool Operator Primer.
Pool Operator Fusion®
This one-day class is offered by certified NSPF® Instructors and is an economical and convenient way to achieve the CPO® Certification. This one-day class can either be the second day of any two-day classroom certification course, or it can be a stand-alone one-day Pool Operator Fusion® class. Sign up for a Fusion class by contacting an NSPF® Instructor or go to the class schedule page to find a class near you. Students must present a Pool Operator Primer® Record of Completion and successfully complete the Pool Operator Fusion® class to obtain a CPO® Certification.
These courses are all available online on the NSPF® Website.
NSPF® Aquatic Management Series
Owners, operators, and managers of aquatic facilities have many unique considerations that impact daily operations. Fortunately, NSPF has created online training to help keep your facility, employees, and patrons safe.
The Aquatic Management Series covers vital training topics of every facility. The interactive online modules come with an accompanying booklet and provide a record of completion at the end of the course
The three courses in the series are :
- Volume 1: Aquatic Risk Management is the first module of the new Aquatic Management Series from NSPF®. Learn how to identify, analyze, and take steps to reduce or eliminate exposures to loss faced by an organization or individual. Topics Include:
- The Law and the Aquatic Professional
- Case Studies
- Aquatic Risk Management
- Implementation of the Risk Management Plan
- Emergency Response Plans
- Volume 2: Emergency Response Planning builds upon the lessons of risk management from Volume 1 and provides in-depth guidance on aspects of Emergency Response Plans including:
- Delivering ERPs
- Effective communication
- Responding to aquatic emergencies
- Types of emergency situations
- Hazard communication plans
- Volume 3: Aquatic Facility Audits
helps any facility establish procedures to ensure it prevents, prepares for, and responds to emergencies. The purpose of this program is to assist the management staff or companies servicing or managing a facility to:
- Train staff
- Conduct on-site self-audits
- Conduct an aquatic facility audit
- Develop operational and emergency procedures
- Develop a proper documentation and maintenance plan
- Recognize ways in which to improve operational and staff management
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety
- Basica Respiratory Protection
- Behavior-Based Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Chemical Safety
- Chlorine Safety
- Compressed Gas Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Flammable Liquid Safety
- Hand and Power Tools
- Hazard Communication
- Indoor Air Quality
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Disability in the Workplace
- Discrimination-Free Workplace
- Sexual Harassment for Employees
- Sexual Harassment for Managers
Department of Transportation
- DOT Hazardous Materials General Awareness
- DOT Training for Drivers of HAZMAT Shipments
- Electrical Safety Work Practices and Standards -NFPA 70E
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 - Basic
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 - Advanced
- Bloodborne Pathogen for Healthcare Workers
- Bloodborne Pathogen for Healthcare Supervisors
Discount Instructions for Web-Based Courses
As a Leslie's customer, you can receive a 20% discount off the retail price of web-based courses from NSPF by following these instructions.
- Go to the Online Training link on the NSPF Website.
- Click on the course category for the course you would like to take.
- Click on the Add button underneath the course description to add the course to your cart.
- Enter the code leslies2011 in the Discount Code box provided under the Recalc button, then click on Apply. This will give you a 20% discount on the balance in your cart. Note: Do not enter the discount code in the Access Code box.
- Log in to the system using one of these two options:
- If you already have an account on the NSPF website, enter your email address and password in the boxes provided and click Checkout.
- If you do not have an NSPF account, follow these steps:
- Click on Register Here to create an account.
- Enter your personal information in the fields provided. When you are finished, click on Continue.
- Check out of the shopping cart by following the prompts on the screen.
- After your purchase is complete, click on the link for the course to begin your training.
To continue your training at another time, just go to the NSPF Website and click the Login link at the top of the page. Enter your email address and the password you created. Your personal home page will appear upon login.
If you have difficulty using the web-based training platform, contact NSPF at 719-540-9119.